- BioFire Defense, LLC, is looking to hire a Data Analyst Intern. This position is a part-time or full-time, nonexempt position. The Data Analyst Intern will be part of a dynamic team performing a variety of activities related to collecting data, conducting data analysis, and reporting results. This intern will assist the Data Analyst with organizing, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data. This position requires some programming skills to develop and maintain scripts that are easily understandable to others. Specific tasks vary and the culmination of a task may include writing a study or giving a presentation to an individual, team, or the company. Will be responsible for communicating methodology to individuals with little to no mathematics background. Will help explain mathematics and statistical principles to co-workers.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with Company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense’s Quality System.
- Assist the Data Analyst in providing input and review on design, implementation, and analysis of studies (including clinical studies), protocols, verifications, validations, troubleshooting and other testing efforts.
- Assist Data Analyst to compute and advise on sample size and other statistical methodologies.
- Assist Data Analyst on designing or oversight of summary tables, reports, graphs, etc., for presentation of results.
- Fully document statistical and analysis explanations/descriptions.
- Assist Data Analyst to advise, provide support, and provide training, talks, etc., as needed on statistical concepts.
- Asist in creating and modifying software programs to support the job functions as described above.
- Check and verify statistical programs, data sets and summary tables as requested.
- Use professional concepts in accordance with Company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Ensure lab notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are utilize as necessary, and in accordance with Company policy.
Training and Education
- Requires enrollment in a 2-year Associates Degree or bachelor’s program in Mathematics, Statistics Data Science or other applicable field.
- 0-3 years in Mathematics, Statistics Data Science or other applicable field.
- Some knowledge of programming language used in the field, such as R, Python, Matlab, etc.
- Some knowledge of statistical tests and their applications (T-tests, chi-square, F-Tests).
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt and accept changing priorities.
- Good documentation practices, organizational skills, and time management.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Biochemistry, biological chemistry, or molecular biology knowledge
- Familiarity with databases and query languages (e.g.SQL)
- Familiarity with source control (version control)
- Some knowledge of advanced statistical techniques (sample size determination, experimental design, etc.)
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment