The Data Analyst will collect data, perform, and present results. This position will organize, analyze, interpret, and summarize data. With excellent programming skills, the position will maintain scripts that are understandable to others. Specific tasks vary and the culmination of a task may include writing a study or giving a presentation to an individual, team, or the company. Will be responsible for communicating your methodology to individuals without a mathematics background. Will help explain mathematics and statistics to co-workers.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense’s Quality System
- Provide input and review on design, implementation and analysis of studies (including clinical studies), protocols, verifications, validations, troubleshooting and other testing efforts
- Compute and advise on sample size and other statistical methodologies
- Design or oversee design of summary tables, reports, graphs, etc. for presentation of results.
- Fully document statistical and analysis explanations/descriptions
- Act as a consultant within the Company, meaning: Advise, provide support, and provide training, talks, etc. as needed on statistical concepts
- Create and modify software programs to support the job functions as described above
- Check and verify statistical programs, data sets and summary tables as requested
- Use professional concepts in accordance with Company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
- Ensure that lab notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are utilized as necessary, and in accordance with Company policy
Training and Education:
Bachelor’s in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or other applicable field.
Bachelor’s in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or other applicable field with 0-3 years of experience.
- Proficient in a programming language used in the field, such as R, SAS, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience with statistical tests (T-tests, chi-square, F-tests)
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt and accept changing priorities
- Strong documentation practices, organizational skills, and time managementGreat attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including many departments within the Company
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
Moderate proficiency in a least one of the following:
- Experience in a production environment (either a cGMP manufacturer or an assembly environment)
- Experience with technical writing (in an industrial environment)
- Experience with publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Experience with source control (version control)
- Advanced statistical techniques (sample size determination, experimental design, etc.)
- Biochemistry, biological chemistry or molecular biology experience
- Familiarity with statistical software packages such as Minitab, GraphPad Prism, JMP, Design Expert, etc.
- Familiarity with Stan and Bayesian statistical models
- Familiarity with algorithms
- Familiarity with databases and query languages (e.g., SQL)
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment