This position is responsible for assisting in a wide variety of installation, repair, and maintenance activities associated with buildings and facilities. Performs basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC duties under the direction of senior staff. Responds promptly and professionally to internal customer requests. Resolves routine service requests and/or problems and has sufficient facilities experience and training to work independently and safely when necessary.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense Quality System;
- Support general facilities activities in all functional areas (i.e. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher-level staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- General construction activities such as painting, drywall, flooring, etc.
- Inspects facilities and equipment.
- Fill in with light janitorial support as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties.
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Safely operate company vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational training or work-related experience in a related field (ie, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry)
- Experience with safety and security a plus
- 2-4 years previous related experience in a related field is required;
- Valid Utah’s driver’s license
- Clean driving record Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer, e-mail, and writing skills.
- Experienced in working with MS Word, Excel and PPT.
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Will be required to work/drive in adverse weather conditions (e.g. rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.).
- Must be able to safely lift 75 lbs. without assistance including the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more overhead.
- Must be able to work 75% of the time while standing and/or actively working.
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.
- Ability to go up and down ladders.
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment