- BioFire Defense, LLC, is looking to hire a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Technician. This position will serve as a member of the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) team. This position will report to the site HSE Manager. Primary responsibilities include assisting the site HSE Manager in planning, coordinating, and implementing the site HSE programs, policies, and procedures to establish the desired site safety culture.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision of the site HSE Manager, the HSE Technician will:
- Assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of health & safety programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all HSE regulations (OSHA, RCRA, DOT, EPA, etc.).
- Encourages and enforces a safety culture within the company by providing a strong facility presence.
- Conducts safety training including the following: new employee orientation and specific occupational health and safety topic training to individuals and groups.
- Inspects and maintains safety equipment, including fire extinguishers, safety eye wash stations, first aid kits, and AED’s.
- Assist with maintaining the facility-wide, web based, chemical inventory list and Safety Data sheets.
- Assists with hazardous, biohazard and non-regulated waste management, including proper handling, labeling and storage.
- Conducts internal HSE audits.
- Assists / supports the facilities team as needed / directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with 5 years HSE experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety related discipline (i.e., HSE, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Health or physical science) with 2 years of HSE experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years (depending on corresponding education level defined above) performing OSHA HSE duties in a Manufacturing environment.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience using Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Federal, State, and local OSHA regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test.
- Ability to meet clean-room and laboratory gowning protocols.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment