- This is a full-time, exempt position. The Human Resource Generalist will support and administer human resource policies, procedures, and programs in the following areas: employee onboarding and orientation, HRIS data entry, employee compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee status changes, training, and development, tracking and reporting FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, Affirmative Action, and EEO compliance.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense’s Quality System.
- Complete personnel transactions with accuracy, maintain the HRIS database, compile reports and analyze HR metrics.
- Ensures the company’s staffing requirements are met in accordance with government requirements by supporting the affirmative action plan and recruiting.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Support payroll processing.
- Be a resource for employees and management across the full spectrum of HR topics, programs, and policies.
- Assist director of human resources in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, compensation, talent management, and employment law.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform project work and other duties as assigned.
- Four years HR Generalist experience in multiple HR disciplines, including employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS, training, and development. Payroll processing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, team player, motivated, and able to multitask. Remain calm in stressful situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality. The ability to collaborate is essential. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present to an audience. Demonstrate good judgment and creativity in solving a wide range of issues.
- Able to work in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis.
Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. PHR or SHRM-CP certification desired.
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment